Aug 7, 2019 Allocation

This is a bit unusual but...

I did not make any trades on Thursday August 1st. The market then shifted enough to tip my model into saying I should move towards Investment Grade Debt on Monday August 5th. 

So...

I am going to make a trade tomorrow and call it my August trade.  The trade will be to reduce exposure to Large Cap Equity (VONE) and increase exposure to Investment Grade Debt (AGG). In the Enhanced portfolio I will sell JXI and buy AGG.

This moves the two active portfolio's (TA and Enhanced) to being more conservative than the equal weighted portfolio for the first time since I started this blog. 

Updated Allocations:
  • Large Cap Equity (VONE):    75%  
  • Small Cap Equity (VTWO):     0%  
  • High Yield Debt (JNK):             0%   
  • Inv. Grade Debt (AGG):          25%  

No Trades on Aug 1st (but I will do the following on Aug 8th).

The Equal portfolio: No trades.

The TA portfolio: Sell 75 shares of VONE and use the proceeds and cash in the account to buy as much AGG as I can.

The Enhanced portfolio:  Sell 184 shares of JXI and use the proceeds and cash in the account to buy as much AGG as I can.

Disclaimer:
Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance.  This strategy is presented for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any securities. I own all of the securities suggested in all three portfolio's.  October is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in.  The others are July, January, September, April, November, May , March, June, December, August and February. ~ Mark Twain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is all the fuss about Bitcoin?

The Retirement Question

Crypto Currency - Just A Worthless Commodity